Hooray, I'm so excited, it's time for my first "Ask Xelyna" column!
My lovely ready reader writes:
I really like to run to keep myself in shape but I'm trying to become a 24/7 lolita but have no idea how to loli-fy my running outfits? It would be great if you had some suggestions.
Great question! Personally I wear track pants and a Dir en Grey T-shirt if I go jogging (well, fast-walking, I'm not very sporty LOL), but Jogging Lolita is certainly possible!
Socks: Miho Matsuda
Sneakers: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
How to do sport in lolita:
1. Look for Wearable and Washable clothes.
- Face it, sport makes you sweat. Sweat is death to most lolita clothes. This is why you need to choose a) dark colours and B) washable fabrics. Therefore cotton, especially stretch cotton is your friend. Think cut-sews and simple one-layer skirts.
- You need to move for sport, and not over-heat, so you can't be in full sleeves. Plenty of lolita brands make tank-tops and short skirts, so these are perfect!
2. Socks and Shoes don't have to be brand.
- You're probably going to get mud on your socks at some point, so go for cheap ones you can buy at your local shopping center.
- You don't want to be uncomfortable or hurt your feet/ankles while running, so the best idea is to wear real running shoes. If they are plain black, they'll blend into your outfit anyway. Baby, the Stars Shine Bright brought out sneakers recently, but I don't know how good they are for running in. If they are comfortable, they would be totally cute, though!
3. Keep hair simple.
- Put your hair up in twin pony tails to keep it out of your face.
* Putumayo (cheap and washable)
* Black Peace Now (cheap and breathable, also make pants and shorts)
* Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (their cut-sew material skirts and tops are sports-ready)
* Alice and the Pirates (also have lots of cut-sews and pants)
So thank-you again for sending in your question, and to everyone else reading, my inbox is always open! Click the image below to send me a question:
Until then, it's back to your regular programming (^_~)