Japanese street fashion is so rapidly changing that the only magazine that comes close to having current style tips is the monthly magazine Kera. I translated this month's section on top trends for Spring.
- Plus 1 Impact- Adding one item to an outfit that contrasts to the rest of it, i.e. a red jacket with an all-black outfit
- All-Out Gaudy - Wearing as many bright, gaudy pieces with mis-matching prints and colours as possible.
- All-Out Simple - The opposite of being overly-gaudy, sticking to monochromatic colours.
- Studs - Putting studs on everything!
- Creepers - Wearing creepers with anything!
- Pastel Co-ordinates - Wearing outfits completely made of pastel colours.
- Sailor Collars - Dresses, tops, shirts in all styles with sailor collars.
- Classical Lolita - Yup, classical lolita is in this season! Juliet et Justine, Innocent World, Excentrique are all big right now.
- All-White Co-ordinates - Wearing both girly and boyish clothes in all-white.
- Teeth Motifs - Hellcatpunks is stocking all the Kreepsville666 teeth jewellery right now.
- Wooden Shoes - In more styles than just rocking-horse!
- Corsets - Mainly decorative ones, no signs of the Japanese tight-lacing yet.
- See-through Gowns - Wearing long chiffon gowns over other outfits.
- Anime Collaborations - Lots of brands have been doing collaborations with anime shows, including some very unfortunate-looking maid outfits from BtSSB and Meta.
- Deco-Deco - Trying to stand out in Harajuku is hard, so over-the-top decora style is back! Once again just trying to pile on as much stuff as possible, but no sign of mid-2000s decora hair clips coming back yet.
- Patterned Tights - Making a cool pair of tights the main focus of your outfit. Black Milk here I come!
To this I would add my own trend that I've noticed lately- Devil Horns. I've noticed heaps of kids in Harajuku snaps wearing them, and they tend to use these ones from Kreepsville666 now that Hellcatpunks stocks them: