Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lolita Week in Review #2

This week was another jam-packed week in lolita!

Early in the week I got a new wig from Japanese brand Prisila. I tried it out with a one-piece from Angelic Pretty, to do a "Hime Lolita" co-ordinate.



More pics are on my website here: Odekake Chocola-chan

In different news, there was a big fuss in the lolita communities over Lady Gaga appearing in lolita in Japan. In her first TV appearance, she wore a white Angelic Pretty dress, but with mismatching ganguro make-up. In her second appearance she wore a red Angelic Pretty dress with normal make-up, and looked much more the part!

Video 1:


Video 2:


Personally I was very happy to see a big US celebrity doing lolita so well! It's always been my dream to see a day when Lolita Fashion is as accepted in Western countries as it is in Japan. When I lived in Japan and wore lolita, people would come up to me on the street with positive things to say, but in Australia I get a mixture of questions and accusations, as well as some praise. Hopefully as the fashion continues to spread, people won't be so confused by it any more!

Finally, on the weekend I went to my friend's lolita party! It was lots of fun, and although I didn't get any pictures of our outfits, I got a shoe shot at the end of the night:

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind the second Lady Gaga outfit (even though she sounds like a weeaboo) but the first one with that make-up made me go 'WUUUUUUUUUUT?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, even the TV show commented on how out-of-date her make-up was, LOL
    I don't think I've seen anyone in Japan in the past 4 years that still does ganguroO_o;;

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...