I'm still at home recovering from getting my wisdom teeth out. It really sucks, I tell you! I can't wait to get better so I can wear lolita and hang out with my friends againT_T
Photo by my friend Vysanthe.
Continuing on from my last post, I've read through the whole 200 question interview now, and have picked out the most interesting questions. A lot I can't translate because they are referring to Japanese things (like what level of formal language you use) or because they are asking how to write things in English, LOL
- You always put your heart into having perfect manners. (Y/N)
- You always have good posture. (Y/N)
- You never cross your legs on the train. (Y/N)
- You think that lolitas who cross their legs and smoke in cafes are not cute. (Y/N)
- As soon as you get home your clean and polish your shoes before putting them away (Y/N)
From "Hair and Make-up":
- You can't stand not having white skin. You would never swim in the ocean. (Y/N)
- You always carry a parasol when you go out. (Y/N)
- Your ideal hair is long with no layers. Or a bob with no layers. (Y/N)
- Your bangs are your life. Or if you don't have bangs, all of your hair is long. (Y/N)
- Name all 7 Harry Potter books. (_/7)
- What is the name of the girl who wears lolita in "Nana"?
- What is the name of the girl who wears gothic lolita in "Death Note"?
- What is the name of the famous company that makes macarons that appears in the movie "Marie Antoinette"?
- What are the names of the fat twins in "Alice in Wonderland"?
- What are the names of the two main characters in "Shimotsuma Monogatari"?
- What is the name of the powerful Italian vampire family in "Twilight"?
- What is the full name of the butler in "Kuroshitsuji"?
- What is the name of the doll owned by the main character in "Rozen Maiden"?
From "Gothic Lolita History":
Fill in the blanks:
The word "Gothic Lolita" comes from the words Mana-sama from Malice _____ used to describe his fashion brand as: "_____, gothic and lolita". At the same time in the Kansai region, gothic punk flavoured brand Alice ____ started, as did the brand that even sold coffin beds, ______ Maiden, and the brand that had princess sleeves resembling those of Victorian England, VISIBLE & ______. Among gothic lolita fans, the most beloved was manga and fashion drawn by Kusumoto Maki in the 80s called ________. In the 90s, it was the artist who illustrated magazine covers and wrote the manga "DOLL", ______. Also, the most beloved film director of the gothic lolitas was Tim _______. "The Nightmare Before Christmas" was very popular, but the most popular movie was by the English writer _______ Carroll.
So how did you measure up against these questions? Some of them left me thinking "LOL WUT", but they are just the opinions of whoever wrote it (they seem to imply it was Arika from Ali Project, but I'm not really sure).